Welcome to my humble home page! Thanks for dropping by.
My past and present interests include: Rock climbing, squash, netball, chocolate, live music, chocolate, game development, and chocolate. Did I mention chocolate?
I tend to question the status-quo when it seems that there may be something wrong with the conventional approach. I believe in embracing improvement where the opportunity exists.
I have been known to enjoy: Futurama, Firefly, Game of Thrones, Family Guy, Buffy, and Iron Chef. I enjoy shows that play with and defy your expectations, particularly deconstructions. Naturally, I'm a fan of TV Tropes.
I have a thoroughly inappropriate sense of humour.
I have no shortage of ideas, just the time to implement them all.
I have been involved in successful commercial game development as part of a team, as a sole independent game developer, and in a hobby capacity.
Some of the games I have worked on are:
- E.V.E. Paradox: A game suite of five games that I successfully developed as a sole independent developer as part of my business, Entropic Software. I took this project from initial concept through development to completion, sales and support. Sadly, whilst it did sell, it did not sell well enough to be a commercial success. More information can be found here.
- XBlast: A multi-player Dynablaster-inspired game. As co-author, I added a fair amount of new functionality and many new levels back in my Uni days.
- A commercial car racing game: I worked on the physics, control code, and initial networking, amongst other things.
- Crossfire: I made some small contributions to reduce the severity of character death and balance low levels in this game.
- Stun Chasey: My first ever attempt at shareware. :) This was a game for the Amiga. You have probably never heard of it, unless you tried a lot of Aminet software.
- Raid of the Easter Eggs: My first game with a wide audience. This Easter-themed game was apparently a hit at my old primary school. It involved sneaking around the house collecting easter eggs before your family woke up. I wrote it whilst in high school.
- Literally dozens of small, unreleased games for the Amiga and C64.
I am working on a new game as part of my business Entropic Software. I am keeping the details fairly quiet at this stage, but this will change in the future. If you'd like to know more, let me know. When the time comes, I'll drop you a line.
If you'd like to drop me a line, please feel free to do so. I'm friendly and I won't bite! I can be reached here:
I hope to hear from you soon! :)